covid-19 Health measures
Travellers undertake to comply with the national health regulations in force on the day of their journey, including the wearing of masks in public transport vehicles and the observance of barrier measures. The compulsory individual protective equipment is the responsibility of the passengers. Vehicles are cleaned regularly to ensure the safety of passengers and drivers.
All passengers must be in possession of a valid ticket at boarding or during ticket controls. The ticket can be printed on paper or digitally from a smartphone or tablet. The customer must arrive at least 20 minutes before the departure of the bus.
Onboard rules during the journey
For your own safety and the safety of other passengers, you must remain seated with your seatbelt fastened for the duration of the journey. Furthermore, on coaches, you are not permitted to:
- board wearing your ski boots;
- talk to or distract the driver during the journey unless absolutely necessary;
- eat and drink;
- consume intoxicating liquor or drugs;
- spit or throw rubbish or anything else inside the vehicle or from the vehicle onto the road and;
- hinder circulation within the vehicle as well as the boarding or disembarking of other passengers.
The four seats situated to the left and right behind the driver are priority seats for:
- disabled ex-servicemen/women, the blind, the deaf and the industrially disabled, subject to the ownership of a disability card;
- disabled persons;
- pregnant women;
- the elderly or persons with reduced mobility and;
- persons accompanied by a child under three.
Carriage of luggage, bikes and mail
Passengers are responsible at all times for any hand luggage they keep on board. This luggage must not obstruct the aisle or emergency exits.
Luggage must be labelled with the name, phone number and address of the passenger concerned. Luggage must be labelled by the passenger - it is entirely his/her responsibility. The following is prohibited on board Transaltitude coaches:
- any hazardous, unsanitary, corrosive, inflammable, explosive or gas substances;
- glass containers (in the passenger compartment);
- standard or collapsible bicycles - no exceptions made and;
- mail, packages, etc.
Carriage of animals
The carriage of dogs held on a leash, muzzled and attached is authorized on board the coach, along with cats and other pets held in cages and placed on knees, as long as they do not cause discomfort to other passengers and subject to compliance with Transaltitude Terms and Conditions of Sale. It is strictly forbidden to bring category 1 attack dogs and exotic pets (snakes, spiders, etc.) on board the coach.
Application of these rules and non-compliance
Passengers who cannot produce a valid ticket (they have no ticket, their ticket has not been validated, has expired, is damaged, fraudulent, etc.) will be fined at the going rate. The amount fined and the rules for applying fines are in compliance with articles 529-3 to 529-6 of the French Code of criminal procedure.
The different fines applied are specified hereafter.
- No valid ticket: 48 €
- Journey not included in the ticket: 32 €
- Other type of 3rd category infringement: 32 €
- 4th category infringement (decree dated 22 March 1942): 165 €
Any person, be it the driver, a ticket controller or a passenger, who is rude, insults, threatens, is physically violent towards, steals from or is aggressive towards a passenger will be fined and may incur legal action.
VFD shall not incur liability for delays to its services when:
- there are road traffic disruptions (bad weather conditions, congestion, road accidents, etc.);
- there is a force majeure (sudden passenger illness, etc) and;
- services are obliged to wait for connecting services with other transport partners (especially SNCF trains).
Given the vagaries of the weather (snowfall, ice, etc.) or traffic conditions (particularly at weekends and during school holidays), Transaltitude customers are strongly advised to select journeys scheduled at times with a sufficient margin (1 hour minimum - or even 2 hours during the school holidays from February 04/02 to 05/03/23) to ensure that any connections with other means of transport can be made properly.